Pre Code Hollywood Season: FD Cinematheque
Tangled Destinies AKA Who Killed Harry Forbes? (1932)
Director: Frank R Strayer
Cast: Gene Morgan, Doris Hill, Glen Tryon, Vera Reynolds, Ethel Wales, Moanei Lindley, Syd Saylor, Sidney Bracey
Tangled Destinies is a 1932 American film directed by Frank R. Strayer.
The film is also known as Who Killed Harvey Forbes? in the United Kingdom.
When a transcontinental airplane is forced to land in the desert in a thick fog, the crew and ten passengers find refuge in a deserted house, where they start up an electric generator and turn on the lights.
After the lights go out unexpectedly, one of the passengers is killed. Another passenger, a detective, claims he was guarding the deceased, who was carrying valuable diamonds, which are then discovered to be paste. Later, another person is murdered. Eventually, the murderer is found in the guise of a clergyman.
- Gene Morgan as Capt. Randall “Randy” Gordon
- Doris Hill as Doris
- Glenn Tryon as Tommy Preston, the Co-pilot
- Vera Reynolds as Ruth, the Airline Stewardess
- Ethel Wales as Prudence Daggott
- Monaei Lindley as Monica van Buren
- Syd Saylor as Buchanan, the Prizefighter
- Sidney Bracey as McGinnis, posing as Professor Marmont
- Lloyd Whitlock as Floyd Martin
- James B. Leong as Ling
- William P. Burt as Harvey Forbes
- Henry Hall as Dr. Wingate, the Parson
- William Humphrey as Professor Hartley
Film Collectors Corner
Watch Tangled Destinies Now – Instant Video on Internet Archive
Not released on Blu Ray