Mary Pickford Season: FD Cinematheque
Sweet Memories (1911)
Director: Thomas Ince
Cast: Mary Pickford, King Baggot, Owen Moore, William E Shay, Jack Pickford, Lottie Pickford, Charles Arling, J. Farrell MacDonald, Charlotte Smith
Sweet Memories (also known as Sweet Memories of Yesterday and Sweetheart Days) is a 1911 silent short romantic drama film, written and directed by Thomas H. Ince, released by the Independent Moving Pictures Company on March 27, 1911.
Thomas H Ince
Polly Biblett (Mary Pickford), a young lady, tells her grandmother Lettie about her new boyfriend. The news provokes the elderly woman to reminisce about her own sweetheart, long time before. The touching sequence expresses the power of lives going on, the older woman aging as her grandchildren grow and knowing they will soon have children of their own.
- Mary Pickford as Polly Biblett
- King Baggot as Edward Jackson
- Owen Moore as Ashton Orcutt – Duelist
- Jack Pickford Young Earl Jackson (as Johnny Pickford)
- Lottie Pickford as Young Lettie Terrell
- Charles Arling – Undetermined Role (uncredited)
- Charlotte Smith Pickford as Lettie Terrell Jackson (uncredited)